WinkBeds Luxury Firm Mattress Review
By clicking on the product links in this article, Mattress Advisor may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Read full disclosure statement.
Summary: The WinkBeds mattress is available in four firmness levels—softer, luxury firm, firmer, and PLUS. WinkBeds is remarkably durable, supportive, and cooling, but it’s best suited to sleeping positions that put less stress on pressure points, like back and side sleeping. It’s a bit pricier, but covered by a lifetime warranty.
Who Is This Bed Best For?
|WinkBeds Luxury Firm is best for:||WinkBeds Luxury Firm may not be best for:|
If you’re looking into a new WinkBeds mattress, the Luxury Firm mattress is the company’s best seller. It’s handmade at their Wisconsin factory, and the direct-to-consumer sales model keeps price points lower. Curious how it feels in real life? Keep reading our comprehensive review!
The best parts:
- We’re covering the luxury firm option in this WinkBeds mattress review, but you can shop other WinkBeds firmness options like the Softer, Firmer, and PLUS mattresses.
- We’re big fans of the WinkBeds’ eco-friendly construction, including high quality CertiPUR-US certified foam layers.
- You get not one, but two, responsive support layers in your WinkBeds mattress—micro-coils and pocketed coils.
- WinkBeds customers are protected against manufacturing defects by a lifetime warranty.
So how do we evaluate mattresses? You can learn all about our review process here, but in short, we give the mattress 14 scores that cover functionality, performance, and social responsibility. The total score is a weighted average of all the scores, with 10 being the highest, and zero being the lowest.
|Mattress Advisor Test||Score (Out of 10)|
⭐Total Score for the WinkBeds Luxury Firm Mattress:8.6 /10⭐
- Edge Support: You definitely don’t need to worry about sliding off the edge of this bed—it earned a practically perfect score for edge support.
- Spine Alignment: Got back pain? We’d wager that it will improve after sleeping all night with good posture on the WinkBeds mattress.
- Responsiveness: The WinkBeds mattress will keep up with you as you change position throughout the night.
- Cooling: We stayed comfortably cool on the WinkBeds mattress, so we gave it an above average score for cooling.
- Durability: WinkBeds simulated 10 years of use on the WinkBeds mattress during a durability test, and it showed only 2% compression in the foam.
- Motion Transfer: We weren’t impressed with WinkBeds Luxury Firm’s motion isolation; we gave it only a 6.4 out of 10 for that metric. There was a fair amount of jostling about when our partner got in and out of bed.
- Ease of Set-Up: Setting up the Luxury Firm was OK, but you can find better. We ranked it a 7.5 out of 10 in our mattress lab, in part because the queen mattress weighs a hefty 135 lbs.
- Pressure Relief: Side sleepers may find this mattress not to be ideal for their purposes, because the pressure relief in your hips and shoulders isn’t as present as it might be on the softer version.
The WinkBeds mattress did an excellent job of keeping its structure as our testers sat on its edge to tie their shoes, and it also remained comfortable when they laid near the edge. In fact, they felt as if they could sleep on the edge of the mattress all night long without falling off, so we gave the WinkBeds luxury firm mattress a combined score of 9.75/10 for edge support.
The WinkBeds mattress didn’t isolate our testers’ movements as well as other mattresses we’ve tested. One tester even noted that the bed felt a bit shaky. When we placed a glass of red wine on the top of the mattress (a visible indicator of motion transfer), we saw the glass tilting quite a bit when we jostled the mattress. You can see the video of our wine test below. Based on both tests, we gave the WinkBeds mattress a 6.4/10 for motion isolation.
If you like getting comfortable fast, the WinkBeds mattress is a great choice. We gave it a 9/10 for responsiveness because it adapted so quickly when we asked our testers to repeatedly change position while lying on the mattress. This makes this product great for sex or for the sleeper who changes positions throughout the night. Also, the senior will appreciate the ease of movement the WinkBeds Luxury Firm offers.
The WinkBeds luxury firm mattress has a medium firm feel, or 6/10 on the firmness scale.
The WinkBeds Luxury Firm version is great for back sleepers, stomach sleepers, and combo sleepers who favor their front or back. It may not be the best mattress for side sleepers, who need lots of pressure relief; instead consider the WinkBeds softer version.
We think the WinkBeds mattress sleeps nice and cool, which is why we gave it an 8/10 for cooling. The temperature regulating magic comes from the breathable cover, gel-infused foam, and dual coil system that keeps warm air flowing out of the mattress.
The WinkBeds luxury firm option has a weight capacity of 900 lbs, but if you’re a plus size sleeper, consider the WinkBeds Plus, which is designed specially for those with heavier body types.
WinkBeds recommends that you pair your new mattress with their platform foundation, but it will work just fine on any firm, flat surface. This includes a box spring, platform bed, slatted bed (with rigid center support), adjustable frames, or even the floor.
A Look at the Layers (There Are a Lot)
Next, we’ll break down the WinkBeds’ 7-layer hybrid construction.
- Tencel Cover: The mattress cover is made with a eucalyptus-based performance fabric that’s naturally moisture-wicking. WinkBeds says that their cover sleeps 30% cooler than linen and is softer than silk.
- Euro Pillow Top: The top layer is quilted with Hypersoft foam that is contouring and cooling.
- Comfort Layer: This gel foam layer is designed to minimize motion transfer from sleeping partners.
- Micro-Coils: These coils maximize airflow, which prevents hot air from pooling under your body.
- Lumbar-Support Pad: This extra dense cotton layer helps reduce tension by providing pressure relief and lower back support.
- Pocketed Coils: These tempered steel coils provide back support and localized pressure point relief.
- Extra-Edge Support System: This high-density perimeter of support foam improves durability and edge support.
|Twin||13.5″ x 38″ x 75″||75 lbs||$1,049.00|
|Twin XL||13.5″ x 38″ x 80″||85 lbs||$1,149.00|
|Full||13.5″ x 54″ x 75″||120 lbs||$1,299.00|
|Queen||13.5″ x 60″ x 80″||135 lbs||$1,599.00|
|King||13.5″ x 76″ x 80″||145 lbs||$1,799.00|
|Cal King||13.5″ x 72″ x 84″||145 lbs||$1,849.00|
*Prices do not reflect exclusive offers or discounts. Click below to see the best price for the WinkBeds luxury firm mattress.
The WinkBeds mattress is delivered compressed and rolled in a 20″ x 20″ x 44″ box. Even compressed in its box, we found this mattress to be a bit tough to maneuver, due to the mattress’s weight. However, once you get the product to your bed frame, it gets easier: Unroll it, and carefully cut off the plastic packaging. It will start rising instantly, and can take a few hours to reach its full size. If you notice an off-gassing scent, turn on a fan or open up a window, and the smell should be gone within a few hours.
WinkBeds Trial Period, Warranty, and Returns
Here’s all the purchasing info you’ll want to have on hand when shopping for the WinkBeds mattress.
|Delivery||Bed-in-a-box via UPS ground|
|Trial Period||120 nights|
|Return Policy||Free returns|
|Financing||Yes, through Bread|
WinkBeds Luxury Firm Mattress Shipping and Delivery
Your WinkBeds mattress is built to order in the USA and shipped for free. It will arrive on your doorstep within 7-14 business days. You can request white glove delivery for an extra $129 or $189 with old mattress removal.
Breaking Down the Trial
WinkBeds customers get a 120-night sleep trial period that starts on the day their new mattress is delivered. You’re required to sleep on the mattress for at least 30 nights before requesting a return.
You can exchange your mattress during the trial period for a $49 fee that covers shipping and recycling fees. You’ll get a new 60-day trial period for exchanged beds. Plus, WinkBeds will deliver your new mattress before they pick up your old mattress, so you always have a place to sleep.
WinkBeds wins major brownie points for their lifetime warranty. As long as you are the original owner of your WinkBeds mattress and bought directly from WinkBeds or one of their authorized retailers, you’re protected as long as you own the mattress.
Covered defects include impressions deeper than 1.5” and cracks in the foam. If you notice either of these issues, WinkBeds will ship you a replacement mattress free of charge.
WinkBeds Customer Service Team
We had a positive experience with the WinkBeds customer service team. You can reach them 24/7 over email at firstname.lastname@example.org. They’re also available over web chat or phone (855-946-5233) Monday-Friday, from 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
Returning with WinkBeds
If you don’t absolutely love your WinkBeds mattress, you can return it for a full refund during nights 31-120 of your trial period. WinkBeds will pick up your mattress and donate it to a local charity or recycle it.
Who Should Get WinkBeds Luxury Firm?
The WinkBeds luxury firm mattress suits back and stomach sleepers, but side sleepers may want to opt for the softer WinkBeds mattress. All of the WinkBeds mattresses are responsive and cooling, so they’re an easy “yes” for combo sleepers and hot sleepers.
If you’re a budget-shopper, the $1,000+ asking price may be a barrier, but the Zinus Green Tea memory foam mattress is a good budget-friendly alternative.
See How WinkBeds Luxury Firm Compares
The WinkBeds luxury firm mattress is priced competitively and generally sleeps cooler than mattresses with a similar construction. Here’s a quick breakdown of how it compares to other popular hybrid mattresses.
- The Purple Hybrid Mattress shares similar pricing to WinkBeds, although the hyper elastic polymer grid is more pressure relieving than WinkBeds’ foam and coil combo.
- The Leesa Hybrid Mattress is the highest scoring mattress on Mattress Advisor. It earned higher scores than WinkBeds for motion transfer and pressure relief, and it’s priced within $100 of the WinkBeds for a queen size.
- The Saatva Classic luxury mattress is a smidge more affordable than WinkBeds. It’s also available in plush, luxury firm, and firm, but it’s earned a slightly lower score for pressure relief.
- The Sapphire Dream Luxury hybrid mattress sleeps cooler than WinkBeds, but is more expensive and provides less pressure relief.
- The other WinkBeds options share a similar construction and performance. The firmer mattresses, including the Plus model, have denser foams and firmer lumbar pads, while the softer model sports a thicker pillow top.
- Adjustable Base 2.0: One-touch remote, featuring weightless and zero-G settings, $999.00/queen size
- 100% Fine Combed Cotton Sheet Set: Sateen weave, 260 thread count, $160/queen size
- Adjust-a-Cube Pillow: Filled with gel-infused memory foam cubes, $119/king size
- BreatheCool Mattress Protector: 100% waterproof and hypoallergenic, $99/queen size
- GravityLux Mattress: A premium memory foam mattress; available in soft, medium, and firm; starting at $1,099
- EcoCloud Hybrid Mattress: An eco-conscious, all-natural latex and innerspring mattress; starting at $1,299
How do I care for my WinkBeds mattress?
Winkbeds recommends that you vacuum your mattress every couple of weeks to clean out dust and dander. It’s also a good idea to rotate your mattress every two weeks for the first three months, and then every two months. A waterproof mattress protector can keep spills away from the mattress cover.
Can I try a WinkBeds mattress in person?
WinkBeds has showrooms in Austin, Texas; Chicago; Edina, Minnesota; McLean, Virginia; and New York City. Or you can take advantage of the 120-night sleep trial in your own home.
Does the WinkBeds mattress have a fire barrier?
Yep! The WinkBeds mattress has an all-natural fire barrier made from cotton and rayon.